The club itself was
established in 1896 by founder - members, H. Blundell Snr, H. Etock and the
first secretary, W.H. Hurst.The original ground was Bell House Hartwell off
Leigh Road, with the present St. James Street ground being purchased in 1911.
The land purchased at
St. James street was farmstead with a village duck pond. Daisy Hill's present
Pavilion is built on the farm house site and the present car park at the rear
of the Pavilion was the duck pond.
The field was
renowned throughout the area as the best pasture and grazing land. Besides
Cricket, three tennis courts were laid, enabling the club to compete in the
Tennis league as well as the Cricket.
Daisy Hill were
presented the land by Mr. Wardle, whose wish it was to do something for the
village. The ground and original clubhouse were left in trust by him on behalf
of his wife, who was the daughter of Thomas Walsh, owner of Greenvale Print
& Dye works, now Bellhouse Hartwell.